We can't thank Deanna Chiodo enough for all that she did. I would like to also thank Deanna's Conference Planning Committee, President Sue Boehland and the MAAP Board, the staff at the Rochester Civic Center, the students and staff at Rochester Area Learning (Golden Hills) Center and all of the presenters, special guests, vendors and keynote speakers. In addition:
* Thanks go out to Lois Kreidermac, who did just a wonderful job coordinating our student workers. Kids at the conference really help remind us what we're all about and they were of great help and assistance.
* Thanks go out to Todd Mensink and Kristyn Martin for bringing our MAAP STARS Officers to the conference to be presenters.
* Thanks go out to Dana Miller and Chris Bodick for the great student t-shirts and banner.
* Thanks go out to Kristin Tuel for her coordinating the design and printing of of our conference shirts.
* Thanks go out to Tom Wendt for his technical assistance.
* Thanks go out to Bill Zimniewicz and Wayne Jennings for coordinating the recruitment, transportation and housing of our keynote speakers.
* Thanks go out to Laura Freer for handling all of the awards. We need to continue to recognize individuals for their accomplishments.
* Thanks go out to Mark Wolhart, Craig Wignes and Wayne Jennings for your willingness to try something different with the "MAAP Chats".
* Thanks go out to Trina Walter and the Dakota County Technical College Graphic Arts Program for the fabulous conference materials.
* Thanks go out to everyone who I may have missed, who played a part in this year's conference.
It takes this level of effort to put on a major event like this. Everyone really stepped up to the plate! We had people doing things that taking care of things that are noticeable and things that don't get any noticed. But, it truly takes a village.
Now, do your part! Please write an article and send it to your local newspaper, send it to me for our newsletter, send it to me for our website, send it to anyone who will listen.
Remember, by attending this year's conference, you now have renewed your membership to our organization. Please pass the word to anyone you know who was not able to attend that they need to renew their membership. But, more importantly get and/or stay involved. Stay involved in your local school, your Region and if you'd like become a member of next year's Conference Planning Committee. Next year's Conference Chair is Cliff Skagen from Lakeville Area Learning Center. Mark you calendar for next year, February 13, 14 and 15 we'll do it again in Rochester
I attached a few pictures to help capture just a little bit of the conference (see below).
Thanks again and again,
Steve Allen, Executive Coordinator
Student of the Year
Iliana Basabe, Fairview Alternative High School
Staff of the Year
Diane Gjerstad, Freshwater ALC
School of the Year
Learning Alternatives Community School, Spring Lake Park and
Ivan Sand Community School – Target Services Program
Special Program of the Year
Culture Project at Austin ALC
Julie Johnson-Willborg and Lorin Ellertson