Department: Education - Steven Square Early Learning
Reports To: Lead Teacher
Job Summary: To assist the lead teachers and assistant teachers in the early childhood classrooms by providing for the emotional, social, physical and cognitive growth of the children in accordance with the CHSFS philosophy of child guidance and instruction. To prepare and serve healthy and nutritionally balanced breakfast, lunch and snacks for children. Use safe food handling methods and complete all required paperwork with accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
· Understand and support the agency’s values, operating principles, and annual goals.
· Accountable to supervisor to achieve established goals and outcomes.
· Reflect the agency’s commitment to cultural competency.
· Abide by Agency Affirmative Action policy and helps create a welcoming environment to all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, color, religion or sexual orientation.
· Adhere to Ethical Conduct and all other Personnel Policies and Procedures.
· Facilitate children’s activities and routines.
· Keep accurate and timely records such as food production logs, menu substitutions, temperature logs, nutrition labels, monthly USDA summary sheets and other requirements as assigned.
· Oversee food orders and food service supplies.
· Understand, follow and enforce CHSFS health and safety standards in conjunction with Department of Human Services Rule 3 requirements.
· Attend all meetings that are pertinent to job responsibilities, all center staff meetings; and participate in required in-service training to meet licensing requirements.
· Prepare food in accordance with USDA and CHSFS guidelines. Maintain clean and sanitary conditions and food handling processes.
· Assist with staff breaks and assist teachers and children as needed.
· Help to maintain a clean and orderly classroom environment.
· Contribute to open and effective communication between parents, staff and children.
· Understand, follow and enforce CHSFS health and safety standards in conjunction with Minnesota Department of Human Services Rule 3 requirements.
· Attend all staff meetings that are pertinent to job responsibilities, all center staff meetings; and participate in required in-service training to meet licensing requirements.
· Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Maintain ongoing education requirements and progress towards goals.
Education and/or Experience:
· Meets and maintains Minnesota Department of Human Services requirements for Aide.
· Some experience with food service and working with children.
· Must possess current CPR and First Aid certification or have the ability to obtain it within three months of hire.
· The ability to read food logs and other food service materials.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· The ability to prioritize work load.
· Be able to frequently move, push, pull, stand, walk, bend and lift up to 45 to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation (lift supplies or small children).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS: Not a Benefit eligible position at this time.
AVAILABLE: Currently Open
PLEASE FORWARD APPLICATIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL HUMAN RESOURCES AT: email@example.com
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MAAP Will Host Your Job Vacancy.
To post your job opening, send an email to MAAP Job Openings.
The Cass Lake-Bena School District #115
is searching for individuals interested in the
Assistant Principal – Area Learning Center
Effective 2013-14 School Year
Application Deadline: 5/16/13 at 4:00 PM
Send a letter of intent, resume, transcripts, working credentials and a copy of license to:
Dr. Anita Grace, Superintendent of Schools
15308 State 371 NW
Cass Lake, Minnesota 56633
For more information contact:
Dr. Anita Grace, Superintendent of Schools
218/335-2203, ext. 6011 or ext. 1319
Fairview Alternative High School has the following openings for the 2013-2014 school year….
1.0 Chemical Health Counselor
Candidates must hold a current MN Teaching license for the content area advertised.
See the district website for more information…www.isd623.org
Northern Lights Community School (NLCS) seeks a School Director who is eager to take on the challenge of leading a small, caring learning community.
Please download the following for further information.